When an item below doesn't contain a link, that indicates an opportunity to create a system for it; I and either unaware of or unsatisfied with attempts to do that form of advancement justice. I want this to be a living resource. Please link me to new ideas as you find or write them.
- Straight-up domain-level play
- Feudalism a la Many Rats on Sticks.
- Starting (and managing) a family
- Injuries are more likely to give you thematically-relevant alterations.
- You turn towards your local community and attempt to change it for the better.
- You make use of a parasite or curse.
- A curse like the God-Curses of RotMP, which grant power but may consume you.
- You begin to tend to the creation of a castle or settlement.
- A magical effect is known to transform you.
- Alongside normal leveling, granting advantages based on any element of a character sheet which is improved.
- Based on a similar system in DIE TRYING.
- The acquisition of marvelous replacements for existing body parts
- The acquisition of scrolls, spells, staves, and orbs.
- Leading warbands into battle.
- Eating the heart of a giant makes you a giant in turn.
- The maintenance of fame and renown
a Partial Bestiary of Consequences
- werewolves (lycanthropy)
- vampires (enthrallment and vampirism)
- witches (curses and transformations)
- alan (children)
- Genie (consequences)
- Salmon of Wisdom (wisdom)
- Baí Zé (monster lore)