An updated version of the previous hexcrawl key generator, with an eye towards expanded variety and greater detail.
|art by Thorø Larsen of False Idols. (Edited with picsart)
New features include:
- Prompts for the addition of rivers, roads, and mountain ranges. This may be the only practical way for the generator to handle these.
- Four in seven regions will now have a coast to a cardinal direction.
- Previous generator had two random terrain types predominate. Now has an equal chance of two types, three types, or one type with a secondary. In all cases. there are still outlier hexes.
- Hex descriptions reformatted, with more locations, hex information, and link to relevant OSE encounter table.
- Rebalanced hex features to mimic dungeon stocking procedure, after a suggestion from ktrey. Monster lairs now more common.
- More detailed monster lairs, including details from Tamás Kisbali. "Monster moots" now no longer a common lair type, but may come up without that name.
- More town details.
- Added otherworldly portals.
- More humanoids and slightly more monsters.
- Added links for all spellcasting classes to the OSE spell memorized generator. Added links for treasure maps to the relevant treasure type generator.